PLAN REVIEW AND INSPECTION PROCESS
FIRE PROTECTION SYSTEM
- Approval form shall be completed and submitted to the Somers Fire Department.
- Site plan shall be submitted to the Somers Fire Department for review and must include the following:
- Site Plan Review Requirements. View document here.
- Fire hydrant location. View document here.
- FDC and Pumper Pad. View document here.
- FDC and Pumper Pad. View Pumper Pad Connection drawing here.
- Occupancy use
- Fire Apparatus Site Access with fire lane width noted. View document here.
- A KNOXBOX (key access box) shall be installed at all buildings.
- Refer to Village of Somers Ordinance Chapter 16.
- How to order your KNOXBOX
- Go to home page of KNOXBOX.
- Click on Products/Place Order circle.
- Type 53171 in the zip code box. Press “search by size” box.
- Scroll down to Somers Fire Department and continue with your order.
- It is important you select Somers Fire Department or your KNOXBOX products(s) will not work with the Somers Fire Deparment. Please double check BEFORE you place order.
FIRE PROTECTION SYSTEM REVIEW
Submit Fire Protection System plans directly to:
Elgin, IL 60124
Telephone (847) 697-1300
Fax: (847) 697-1310
- 2016-2017 FSCI Basic Fee Schedule with and without inspections
- Specific requirements for plan submittals can be obtained at FSCI.
- Any plans submitted directly to the Somers Fire Department are subject to an additional handling fee.
- All fees associated with system plan review should be paid directly to FSCI.
- Somers Fire Department shall receive one set of approved plans given by FSCI prior to work starting unless waived in writing by the Somers Fire Department.
ON-SITE FIRE PROTECTION SYSTEM TESTING AND INSPECTION
- Somers Fire Department shall perform all on-site testing and inspection of fire protection systems.
- System installation contractor must be present at time of test/inspection.
- Tests shall be scheduled a minimum of 72 hours in advance of test.
- Somers Fire Department shall have received approved set of plans FSCI prior to test.
- See Plan Review and Inspection Fee Schedule for all fees associated with system testing and inspection.
- Fees for testing and inspection shall be paid directly to the Village of Somers, Attention: Fire Inspector, P.O. Box 197, Somers, WI 53171
FORMS AND WORKSHEETS
Sprinkler Inspection Checklist
Alarm System Inspection Checklist
Hood and Duct Inspection Checklist
Fire Pump Inspection Test Checklist
Final Inspection Checklist
New Construction Approval Checklist
Hydrostatic Inspection Checklist
FSCI Alarm Submittal Checklist
FSCI Sprinkler Submittal Checklist
INSPECTION AND TESTING FEE SCHEDULE
VILLAGE OF SOMERS FIRE PROTECTION
FIRE INSPECTOR CONTACT INFORMATION
Captain Joe Scruggs, Fire Inspector
P.O. Box 197
Somers, WI 53171