Can I get an extension on paying my citation?

You may request more time to pay by asking for a good cause/indigency hearing, at which time you would explain the circumstances to the Judge.  Or, you may provide a written request to the Somers Municipal Court Clerk.  Not every request is granted; however, consideration is given to those with legitimate reasons for the request and to those who have made partial and/or regular payments toward the obligation.

What if I do not pay my traffic citation?

If you fail to pay your total citation and have not appeared at a good cause/indigency hearing and have not been found indigent, the Court may suspend an adult driver’s license for up to one year and your forfeiture may be referred for collections.  As a juvenile, the Court may suspend your driver’s license for up to one year and your forfeiture may be referred to collections.

What happens if I do not pay my citation or enter a plea of not guilty before the court date, and do not appear in court?

The Court will deem your non-appearance a plea of no contest and a default Judgment will be entered against you.  A Notice of Judgment will be mailed to you indicating the Judgment entered, the amount you owe, and when it is due.

Can I just pay my citation without appearing in Court?

Yes, in most cases.  You may pay your citation before the court date without appearing.  Payment can be made in person, by mail, or online.  However, if your citation indicates that your appearance is mandatory, you must appear in court at the time and date listed on your citation.

 How do I pay my citation?

Click here to view your options.