Yard Waste Centre in Somers
The Village of Somers operates a Yard Waste Centre, for specified organic materials to be recycled or composted, for the benefit of Village and Town of Somers residents only. Commercial contractors and non-residents are NOT permitted to use this facility. Video surveillance cameras are located on site and violators will receive a minimum fine of $500.00.
The Yard Waste Centre is located on the Village/Town Hall property. A sign is posted at the entrance located on the paved driveway between the Public Works garage and the tall Salt Barn building.
Hours of Operation
- Seasonal – April through December
- Daily 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. without appointment
- Gates are locked when closed.
Yard Waste – Rules
- Grass clippings permitted
- Leaves permitted (we prefer leaves bundled in biodegradable bags but will accept loose)
- Small pruned plants, shrubs and tree debris under 8″ in diameter and cut in 3′-0″ lengths permitted
- Christmas trees are permitted – free from tinsel, ornaments, and lights
- No tree stumps
- No tree trunks, limbs, branches over 8″ in diameter
- No sod
- No sand
- No rock
- No broken concrete or flower pots