Open burning is permitted in the Village and Town of Somers April 15 to May 15 in the Spring and Oct. 15 to Nov. 30.
- Learn before you burn. Click here to review Somers Ordinance Chapter 5 “Fire & Rescue Protection” for rules on burning and permits.
- Burn permits may be purchased at the village and town hall.
- Safety is #1. Pay particular attention to the daily wind forecast.
- Have ready water, rakes, and shovels.
- Invite someone to assist you in managing the burn.
- Never leave your fire.
- Keep small piles.
- Keep your cell phone handy and call 911 with problems.
Aditional information can be found on this quick reference guide.