With the ongoing cold temperatures, the Somers Fire Department reminds resident of the following safety tips.
- Make sure your home heating system has been serviced and functioning properly.
- Make sure that any combustible is stored away from heaters.
- Turn off space heaters when you leave the room.
- Make sure your smoke detectors and CO detectors are working. If you do not have a detector the Somers Fire department can help you. More information is available here.
- Make that the closest fire hydrant to your house is clear of snow.
- Make sure your address is visible form the road to help first responders find you.
- Check on your neighbors.
More information is available below.