The Somers Fire Department would like to remind all residents to enforce the policy of SAFETY FIRST while considering burning autumn yard waste.
Each time before you burn
call the Somers Fire Department recorded daily
Burn Line Announcement at 262-552-3540
to verify if burning is permitted based on weather, air quality, and wind conditions.
As an alternative to burning, residents may dispose of their organic yard debris at our yard waste area located behind the salt barn at the Village/Town Hall. Click here for yard waste rules. Please take a few minutes to review the following burn safety tips.
- This is a reminder that October 15th through November 30th, burning of yard waste is allowed without a permit, but only during daylight hours, and the burn area must not be larger than 4′ x 4′ x 4′.
- Please take a few minutes to review the Somers Ordinance 5.115 “Outdoor Burning”.
- Burn Permits may be purchased in person at the Village/Town Hall during regular business hours. Click here to view our fillable Burn Permit form on Somers.org.
- Failure to follow the Ordinance may result in the revocation of your permit, and/or a citation, and you may be billed for a Somers Fire & Rescue response.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Somers Fire Department at 262-552-7262 (Station #2 near Highway 32/Highway E) or 262-859-2277 (Station #1 at the Village/Town Hall).