The Village of Somers is seeking a candidate for the position of Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk. The position is responsible for the weekly payment of invoices and processing accounts receivable. This person is also responsible for maintaining excellence in customer service.
This is a full-time non-represented position.
The primary responsibilities of this position are, but not limited to:
- Create, update and maintain files for vendors.
- Perform data entry associated with accounts payable.
- Process invoice payments on a weekly basis.
- Produce check register reports.
- Address and respond to vendor inquires.
- Assist in answering phones, supply information to callers, and/or directs phone calls to the appropriate department.
- Prepare and sends invoices to customers.
- Maintain records of invoice payments.
- Investigate and resolve irregularities in both incoming and outgoing payments.
- Provide supporting documentation for annual audit.
- Assist the Village/Town Clerk/Treasurer with completing the Statement of Property Status requests.
- Greet visitors, answer questions and complaints in a tactful, helpful manner.
- Receive payments in cash receipting system, pet license system, and property tax systems.
- Assists the Village/Town Clerk/Treasurer with the maintenance of the Wisconsin election management and voter registration system including process voter information, fulfill absentee ballot requests and other election related duties.
- Write and edit documents.
- Assist the Village/Town Clerk/Treasurer with various licenses including, but not limited to, alcohol beverages, cigarette, direct sellers, dogs, cabaret, and amusements.
- Contribute to a cooperative working effort by demonstrating a willingness to perform other job-related work as needed or requested.
- Complete assignments as directed by the Village/Town Administrator and Village/Town Clerk/Treasurer.
A full description of the position and application is available here.
Education and/or experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent; Associated Degree in Administrative Assistant, or Paralegal, or related field is desired.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and procedures.
- Two years of relevant work experience, including cash handling is required.
The Village/Town of Somers offers excellent benefit package including Wisconsin Retirement System, health & dental insurance.
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Applications need to be submit their resume with references to: Village of Somers, Attn: Jason J. Peters, Village/Town Administrator, PO Box 197, Somers, WI 53171 or email [email protected].