The Root-Pike WIN is holding a fundraiser through April 27, 2022. Rain barrels and composters are available for sale with proceeds going to support local water quality projects. All barrels and composters are repurposed food-grade barrels used to import fruits and vegetables into Canada and are the most environmentally friendly rain barrels on the market for about half the price of similar retail products.
Each barrel comes with the needed items to install and use, and will be delivered to your home around May 4, 2022. Buyers are responsible for installation with helpful videos and instructions found here.
Benefits of using a rain barrel
- Save money on your water bill by harvesting rainwater. According to the EPA, lawn and garden irrigation accounts for 40 percent of residential water use.
- Plants prefer the softer and slightly acidic rainwater to municipal and well water, both of which contain additives and minerals that accumulate in the soil over time.
- A single rain barrel can save over 1,000 gallons of water during peak summer months.
- According to University of Wisconsin Extension, for every inch of rainfall on a 1,000 sq. ft. roof, about 600 gallons of water can be collected.
- Prevent basement and yard flooding by directing water away from your home.
- Rain barrels protect against stormwater runoff that collects and moves pollutants and sediment to streams, rivers, and lakes. Help reduce flooding and pollution from your property with a rain barrel.
Get yours today here.