The Somers Fire Department is seeking a candidate for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic.
Applications are available at Somers Fire Station 1, 7511 12th Street in Somers.
A candidate needs to meet these requirements at the date of hire:
- Must be 18 years old.
- Must have a Firefighter 1 certification.
- Must have a Wisconsin Paramedic License.
- Must have a valid Wisconsin drivers license.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Applicants will need to successfully complete a written exam, physical agility test, medical check and background check. Dates will be provided to the applicants at the closure of the application period.
Applicants will also need to interview in front of a panel, the Somers Fire Chief and the Fire Commission.
If hired, additional requirements are:
Within six months of hire:
- Must be certified as a Wisconsin Driver Operator Pumper (or Wisconsin recognized out of state equivalent).
Within a year of hire:
- Must be certified as a Wisconsin Driver Operator Aerial.
- Must be certified as a Wisconsin Firefighter II
Salary starts at $56,200, and there is a 15 mile residency requirement.
A flyer is available here.
Applications need to be in by 5 p.m. Dec. 21, 2021.