The Village of Somers is seeking a candidate for the position of Accountant I. The accountant is responsible for the Village and Town of Somers accounting functions and related financial reporting. It includes, but is not limited to, assisting the finance manager with financial reporting, financial data processing, budget development, accounts receivable, accounts payable, utility billing, cash reconciliation, internal control and implementation of accounting policy.
This is a full-time, salaried, non-represented exempt position.
The primary responsibilities of this position are, but not limited to:
- Assist the Accounting Manager with the fiscal operations of the Village and Town of Somers and all its respective funds (i.e.: General Fund, Capital Improvement Fund, Water and Sewer Utilities, TIF Districts, Debt Service Funds, Stormwater Fund).
- Assist the Accounting Manager in the maintenance of requisite journals and ledgers to high standard necessary to maintain the Village and Town’s Utility Funds reporting functions and the corresponding reimbursement programs applicable under state and federal standards.
- Assist the Village Administrator, Clerk/Treasurer, and Accounting Manager with the Village and Town annual budgets.
- Assist in preparation of Annual State Form C, PSC Report and all financial cycle reporting both internal and external.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations for all Village and Town bank accounts.
- Assist with preparation of all Village/Town employees W-2 information as well as issuing and reconciling 1099 information.
- Maintain records related to the Village & Town Asset and Inventory Control.
- Assist the Village Administrator and Accounting Manager in researching grants and compliance with grant accounting requirements.
- Assist the Village/Town Clerk/Treasurer and Accounting Manager in the Coordination with the Auditors of the Village & Town for preparation of the annual report of the Village & Town Financial Accounts, as well as TID audits if necessary.
A full description of the position is available here.
Applicants must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting or equivalent work experience; preferably with an emphasis in governmental accounting. Two years of relevant work experience is required. Upon hiring, the completion of Municipal Treasurer’s Institute will be required within three years.
Salary to commensurate with experience. The Village/Town of Somers offers excellent benefit package including Wisconsin Retirement System, health & dental insurance. This is a full-time, non-represented, salaried and exempt position.
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with some evening and weekend work required.
Applications need to be submitted their resume with references to: Village of Somers, Attn: Mary Ann Cole, Village/Town Clerk-Treasurer, PO Box 197, Somers, WI 53171 or email [email protected] no later than 4:00 PM on November 11, 2021.