The Village of Somers is seeking a candidate for the position of Clerk I.
The primary responsibilities of this position are, but not limited to:
- Answer phone calls, supply information to callers, and/or directs phone calls to appropriate department.
- Greets visitors; answer questions and complaints in a tactful, helpful manner.
- Record incoming complaints and comments.
- Makes appointments and reservations as required.
- Assist the Village/Town Clerk/Treasurer with the maintenance of the Wisconsin election management and voter registration system including processing voter information, fulfilling absentee ballot requests, and other election related duties.
- Serves as back-up for the Utility Clerk.
- Write and edit documents.
- Assists the Village/Town Clerk/Treasurer with the processing of various licenses and permits including, but not limited to, alcohol beverages, cigarette, direct sellers, dogs, cabaret, amusement, and burn permits.
- Handles annual licensing, monthly billings, and maintenance of the database for mobile homes and mobile home parks.
- Purchases and maintains inventory of office supplies.
- Receive payments in cash receipting system, pet license system, and property tax systems.
- Balances daily cash transactions.
- Format and update license applications.
- Pick up, sort and distribute mail.
- Assists the Village/Town Clerk/Treasurer with the maintenance of both physical and electronic files for all Village/Town records.
- Contributes to a cooperative working effort by demonstrating a willingness to perform other job-related work as needed or requested.
- Assist the Village/Town Administrator and Village/Town Clerk/Treasurer with the preparation and distribution of agenda packets.
- Complete assignments as directed by the Village/Town Administrator and Village/Town Clerk/Treasurer.
Applicants must have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. An Associate Degree in Administrative Assistant, or related field is desired. They need a Public Notary certification, complete the WisVote Certification, both within six months. Two years of relevant work experience, including cash handling is required, and a valid driver’s license.
Salary to commensurate with experience. The Village/Town of Somers offers excellent benefit package including Wisconsin Retirement System, health & dental insurance. This is a full-time, non-represented, salaried and exempt position.
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with some evening and weekend work required.
A full description of the position is available here.
Applications need to be submitted their resume with references to: Village of Somers, Attn: Mary Ann Cole, Village/Town Clerk-Treasurer, PO Box 197, Somers, WI 53171 or email [email protected] no later than 4:00 PM on November 11, 2021.