The Village of Somers is seeking a candidate for the position of Municipal Court Clerk.
The primary responsibilities of this position are, but not limited to:
- Managing the overall efficiency of the Municipal Court’s processes and proceedings
- Scheduling hearings on violations of municipal ordinances for the Municipal Court Judge to hear on a bi-monthly basis
- Tracking juvenile and adult court cases electronically
- Notifying defendants of court times
- Collecting fines and forfeitures from those found or pleading guilty of violations
- Maintain daily and monthly financial/statistic reports and remittance of collections and reports as required for Somers Village/Town Municipal Court, Kenosha County, and the State of Wisconsin
Secondary responsibilities may include general clerk duties to assist the Somers Village/Town Municipal Clerk.
Applicants must have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. The ideal candidate should have several years of general office or clerical experience and must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Prior knowledge and experience in court proceedings & court management software is preferred.
Salary to commensurate with experience. The Village/Town of Somers offers excellent benefit package including Wisconsin Retirement System, health & dental insurance. This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position.
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with some evening and weekend work required.
A full description of the position is available here.
Applications need to be submitted to: Village of Somers, Attn: Robert C. Kupfer, 7511 12th Street, PO Box 197, Somers, Wisconsin 53171, or electronically to [email protected] by 5 p.m. Oct. 18, 2021.