Households interested in giving away treats should indicate their interest by turning on their porch or front yard light. Residents should be mindful of maintaining social distancing between groups of trick-or-treaters from different households because of the pandemic. Even those not in costume should consider wearing a mask.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers the following safety tips for trick-or- treat:
- Eat only factory-wrapped treats. Avoid eating homemade treats made by strangers.
- Wear well-fitting masks, costumes, and shoes to avoid blocked vision, trips and falls.
- Look both ways before crossing the street. Use crosswalks wherever possible.
- Swords, knives, and other costume accessories should be short, soft and flexible.
- Examine all treats for choking hazards and tampering before eating them.
More safety tips are available on the CDC website.