The Village of Somers is holding an information meeting for residents of the Maple Ridge subdivison about the 2020 paving project and the impact it will have for the neighborhood.
The meeting is taking place at the Somers Village Hall, 7511 12th St. (Highway E), around 6 p.m. July 14 immediately following the Village Board Meeting.
Driveways will be milled back to provide a smooth approach on the new roadway.
Residents will have access to their homes throughout the project except when the contractor lays the new asphalt as it will need about 30 minutes to harden.
The timeline of the project is expected to be as follows:
- Asphalt will be pulverized and taken to a gravel like condition.
- Sanitary manholes will be excavated, raised, and resealed.
- The pulverized asphalt will be final graded.
- A base coarse of new asphalt will be applied.
- A surface coarse of new asphalt will be applied.
- The street gravel shoulders will be reestablished.
The full press release and a map of the affected area is available here.