The Somers Fire Department is offering residents winter safety tips.
- Make sure to have a smoke alarm on every level of your house.
- Test all your smoke alarms once a month.
- Install carbon monoxide.
Free smoke alarms are available to residents by calling 262-620-3285 or emailing Adam Pinsula.
Additional winter safety tips
- Plan two ways out of your home in case of emergency.
- Make sure your driveway and walkways are clear of snow and ice.
- Have blankets available in case your heater goes out.
- Have working flashlights on hand in case of a power outage.
- Never use your oven to heat the home.
- Turn portable heaters off when you leave the room or go to bed.
More information is available below.