The Kenosha County Parks is holding its annual picnic Aug. 24 at Petrifying Springs County Park, near the Biergarten at the south end of the park. The event, which starts at 1:30 p.m., is free.
The daylong event features food trucks, five bounce houses, many performances including a fire breathing act, and what is anticipated to be the largest performance of “Baby Shark” in the county. The festivities will culminate in a fireworks show at dusk.
Community organizations will have booths at the event where people can learn about their programs and volunteering opportunities.
A shuttle will operate from the University of Wisconsin – Parkside Parking Lot B to the Biergarten.
Full Picnic in the Park schedule:
- 1:30-8:00 p.m. Free kids games courtesy of Blue Sky Inflatables, LLC.
- 1:30-8:00 p.m. Interactive entertainment courtesy of Wam Bam Entertainment
- 1:30-3:30 p.m. Live music by Kayla Arbet and The Rogue Hounds
- 4:00-9:00 p.m. Food – Kenosha Food Truck Tour
- 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. Live music by Earthmother
- 6:30-8:30 p.m. Live music by Free Fallin: A Tribute to Tom Petty
- Dusk: Fireworks finale
See more details on Picnic in the Park and the entire Kenosha County Parks system at http://parks.kenoshacounty.org or www.facebook.com/kenoshacountyparks.