How to Get Correct Information
The roadway project relating to Foxconn is FAST PACED and complicated. We highly recommend that Somers residents and businesses go directly to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation website links below for CURRENT, OFFICIAL, and CORRECT information. Projects have the potential to change quickly and the changes will be reflected in the news shown on the links below. The links below are the same place where Kenosha County and all Village and Town municipalities obtain their updates.
WISCONN VALLEY E-NEWSLETTERS
Southeastern Wisconsin Housing Summit September 12, 2018
PUBLIC UPDATE MEETINGS
Monthly public update meetings are held at the Mt. Pleasant Village Hall. Click here for dates.
ALL I-94 NEWS
I-94 North-South Freeway Southeast Project News. This link is the BEST LINK to find CURRENT information about travel times, traffic closures, detours, maps relating to I-94. There is an opportunity to sign up for email updates and we encourage Somers residents to take advantage of this communication service.
I-94 Late Summer-Fall 2018 “Get Around Guide”
LOCAL ROAD NEWS – SOMERS
Development Roads (Foxconn). This link is the BEST LINK to find CURRENT information about the overview of local road projects (Highways A, E, H, and KR), news, maps, traffic closures, new traffic patterns, etc.
Highway KR – Phase I
- Phase I relates to Highway KR road work from I-94 east to Highway H
- Utilities: Communications, Electric, Gas, Sanitary, Water
- Utility construction work will take place on the Racine County side of Highway KR
- Work will be done in conjunction with road construction
- There will be traffic issues. Patience will be required.
Highway KR – Phase II
- Phase II relates to Highway KR road work between Highway H and Highway 31
- This area is currently in the “design” phase
- 60% of the preliminary design planning is expected to be completed by November 1, 2018
- Phase II construction is expected to begin 2021
- Property owners are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to voice their concerns and ask questions relating to their specific parcel NOW.
- The contact at Wisconsin Department of Transportation for the PLANNING AND DESIGN is Steve Hoff, Project Manager. Contact him at 262-548-6718 or [email protected]. Questions may also be directed to Cynthia L. DeVor (consultant to the DOT) at 262-510-8901 or [email protected]
WISCONSIN DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES-WISCONSIN FOXCONN TECHNOLOGY GROUP DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
Contact information with related links.
WISCONN VALLEY – FOXCONN IN WISCONSIN