The Village of Somers seeks a candidate to fill the position of Clerk I.
This is a full-time, non-represented position within the Clerk-Treasurer’s Office. The Clerk I is responsible for day-to-day clerical, secretarial, and customer service functions for the Village of Somers. The Clerk I is responsible for maintaining excellent customer service. The Clerk I must demonstrate strong skills in listening and adaptability. The Clerk I performs a variety of confidential and complex clerical, administrative and technical work to assist the Village/Town Clerk/Treasurer.
Salary to commensurate with experience. The Village/Town of Somers offers an excellent benefit package including Wisconsin Retirement System, health & dental insurance.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Answer central telephone system, supply information to callers, and/or directs phone calls to appropriate department.
- Greet visitors; answer questions and complaints in a tactful, helpful manner.
- Receive payments.
- Balance daily cash transactions..
- Assist the Village/Town Clerk/Treasurer with the maintenance of the Wisconsin election management and voter registration system including processing voter information, fulfilling absentee ballot requests, and other election related duties.
- Assist the Village/Town Clerk/Treasurer with the processing of various licenses and permits.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent; Associated Degree in Administrative Assistant, or related field is desired.
- Two years of relevant work experience, including cash handling, is required.
Office hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with some evening work required.
Click here for the full job description.
Send resume with references to: Village of Somers, Attn: Mary Ann Cole, Village/Town Clerk-Treasurer, PO Box 197, Somers, WI 53171 or email [email protected] no later than 5:00 p.m. on March 19, 2021.