The Village of Somers seeks a candidate to fill the position of Assistant to the Village/Town Administrator.
This is a full-time non-represented, salaried, exempt management position. The Assistant to the Administrator is a skilled position responsible to perform highly responsible professional, administrative, managerial and supervisory duties.
Salary to commensurate with experience. The Village/Town of Somers offers excellent benefit package including Wisconsin Retirement System, health & dental insurance.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage administrative and statistical material, some of which may contain sensitive or confidential information.
- Provide effective and efficient customer service and promote and maintain responsive community relations.
- Prepare, explain and review required paperwork for compliance with the hiring process for accuracy and completeness.
- Provide support for daily accounting and record/data entry.
- Serve as backup for payroll processing.
- Perform clerical and administrative staff support functions, working cooperatively with other Village/Town Departments.
- Assists administration in communicating official plans, policies and procedures, to all department heads and community relations.
- Assist in planning, developing and implementing operating budgets, using current and historical data and analytics to substantiate needed budgets and or expenses.
- Interpret policies, rules and regulations in response to queries from others. Answer and/or refer complaints and inquiries to appropriate persons, schedule appointments and keep calendar for the Village/Town Administrator.
- Evaluate internal procedures and records maintenance and recommends improvements.
- Coordinate problems with IT.
- Keep track of keys and fobs issued to employees, board members and make sure they are returned when a person leaves.
- Keep track of all village-owned equipment issued to employees, board members and make sure they are returned when a person leaves.
- Cross connection scheduling residents and tracking information.
- Attend training as directed.
- Prepare regular and special reports using various computer programs.
- Serves as Plan Commission Secretary.
- Attend Village and Town Board meetings, committee meetings and public gatherings.
- Assist with the preparation of ordinances and resolutions and codification of the same.
- Assist in maintaining a positive work culture and serve as a professional mentor.
- Complete tasks as assigned by Village/Town Administrator.
- Graduation from a college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Public Administration or a closely related field.
- A minimum of two years progressively responsible experience in a municipal administration arena.
- Human Resource experience is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and applications as well as a variety of software applications and hardware use including utilization of internet and file management.
This position is located at Village/Town Hall, 7511 12th Street in Somers. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Some night and weekend hours are required.
Click here for the full job description.
Send resume with references to: Village of Somers, Attn: Jason Peters, Village/Town Administrator, PO Box 197, Somers, WI 53171, or vie email.