Are you looking for a position where your talents are appreciated and opportunities are great? Our municipality, located between Milwaukee and Chicago, is experiencing growth and development. This is an excellent opportunity for an accounting manager who welcomes challenges.
The ideal candidate will have a 4-year accounting degree with at least 3 years of recent accounting experience. This person will oversee the day-to-day fiscal operations of the municipality. This person must be willing to work as a team and take charge of fiscal operations.
- Maintenance of general ledger and the related software modules.
- Account analysis and reconciliations.
- Report preparation and distribution.
- Preparation of journal entries and month-end and annual closing procedures.
- Developed computer skills and advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word, is required.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Above average written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and effective decision-making capabilities.
- Due to the nature of our industry; confidentiality, honesty and ethical behavior is of the utmost importance.
Salary commensurate with experience.
The Village/Town of Somers is an equal opportunity employer.
- Click here to view detailed job description.
- Submit resume to Mr. Tim Kitzman at [email protected].
- Application deadline is March 22, 2016.
- Contact Mr. Tim Kitzman, Village/Town of Somers Clerk/Treasurer at 262-859-2822 or [email protected].