You are here
Inspection - Plan Review and Inspection Process
FIRE PROTECTION SYSTEM
- Approval form shall be completed and submitted to the Fire Department
- Site plan shall be submitted to Fire Department for review and must include
- Hydrant location – Click here to view document.
- FDC and Pumper Pad. Click here to view document. Click here to view Pumper Pad drawing.
- Occupancy use
- Fire Apparatus Site Access with fire lane width noted. Click here to view document.
- A KNOXBOX (key access box) shall be installed at all buildings.
- Refer to Town of Somers Ordinance Chapter 16.
- How to order your KNOXBOX
- Go to home page of KNOXBOX. Click here.
- Click on Products/Place Order circle.
- Type 53171 in the zip code box. Press “search by zip” box.
- Scroll down to Somers Fire Dept. and continue with your order.
- It is important you select Somers Fire Dept. or your KNOXBOX product(s) will not work with the Somers Fire Dept. Please double check before you order.
FIRE PROTECTION SYSTEM REVIEW
- Submit Fire Protection System plans directly to:
Elgin, IL 60124
Telephone: (847) 697-1300
Fax: (847) 697-1310
- 2016-2017 FSCI Basic Fee Schedule With and Without Inspections. Click here to view.
- Specific requirements for plan submittals can be obtained at: www.firesafetyfsci.com
- Any plans submitted directly to the Somers Fire Department are subject to additional handling fee.
- All fees associated with system plan review should be paid directly to FSCI.
- Somers Fire Department shall receive approved set of plans from FSCI prior to work starting unless waived in writing by the Somers Fire Department.
ON-SITE FIRE PROTECTION SYSTEM TESTING AND INSPECTION
- Somers Fire Department shall perform all on-site testing and inspection of fire protection systems.
- System installation contractor must be present at time of test/inspection.
- Tests shall be scheduled a minimum of 72 hours in advance of test.
- Somers Fire Department shall have received approved set of plans from FSCI prior to test.
- See Plan Review and Inspection Fee Schedule for all fees associated with system testing and inspection.
- Fees for testing and inspection shall be paid directly to:
- Fire Prevention Review Application Form
- Emergency Contact and Building Information Form
- Occupancy Inspection Form
- Occupant Load Sign Calculation Worksheet
- Sprinkler Inspection Check List
- Alarm System Inspection Check List
- Hood and Duct Inspection Check List
- Fire Pump Inspection Test Check List
- Final Inspection Check List
- New Construction Approval Check List
- Hydrostatic Inspection Check List
- FSCI Alarm Submittal Check List
- FSCI Sprinkler Submittal Check List
INSPECTION AND TESTING FEE SCHEDULE
TOWN FIRE PROTECTION ORDNANCE
FIRE INSPECTOR CONTACT INFORMATION
P.O. Box 197
Somers, WI 53171
Ph: (262) 620-3285
Fax: (262) 552-8327